February 18, 2012

FAVORITE FINDS: Everything at H&M!

H&M is blasting out their winter clothes to make way for new spring styles and Muslim women are the winners in that race. Head on down to your local H&M to pick up last season's now outcast tunics and long sweaters.  The majority of the items below were buy-1-get-1 free - and this sale applies to the sales racks.

 Many of these items can be remixed and styled for great spring and summer looks.  With some creative layering, one of the items below may show up as the outfit I wear to a friend's wedding rehearsal dinner in September!

In a rich, jewel-toned mauve, this dress I envisioned paired with a toned-down brown blazer and my trusted Franco Sarto boots (with leggings, of course).

This great color-blocked tunic sweater was marked down to $15, with a  buy-1-get-1 free offer.  I bought two - one for me, and one for my mom.  This is one of those great items that goes with ANYTHING, including my favorite dark jeans.  


Stripes are really in these days, as is evidenced by New York's Fashion Week from the previous few days.  This great, full-coverage sweater only range up at $14.95!  I like the mix of stripe-frequency - it gives it a nice flow when pairing it with a pair of colored skinny jeans and neutral boots (I own these in gray suede!).  If you chose to go with a regular pair of jeans, I think a bright belt would give it some pop.



A few things were great reminders of the change in season ahead, with silky fabrics and airy prints.  These dresses were all priced at $34.95, and I anticipate them going on sale soon.  


These two tunic button down tops came with quality belts.  They were priced at $24.95 and again show the seasonal trend of bird print and navy blue.  Pair them both with the blazer, currently being offered for $19.95.  The neutral tone will pair well with the colors we'll soon be seeing as more spring arrivals flood stores.

If you remember, I'm a huge fan of sequins.  This dress was on sale for $17.95 (a steal for anything with sequins!) and came in a fashion-forward print.  While it might look a little daring with the colors and design combo, toned down leggings (as shown) will compensate for the top.


These two dresses remind me of Kate Middleton's style.  With the arrival of the navy-and-yellow trend color combination, I am lusting after the navy dress below - which I think would look great in the office for a work outfit.  All you need is a pair of gray pants to round it out! (I like these from Bluefly for their quality and price)

Lace is making it's way to the racks, slowly but surely.  This shift dress had a great mod look to it, and a wonderful hemline.  Because it's white, adding a cardigan or with a bright hijab would give it a great splash of color.  It was priced at $34.95 (and knowing how H&M runs, it will likely be on sale soon!

I got this dress (and another one for which I have yet to take a photo) at no cost as part of the  buy-1-get-1 free sale.  With a black long-sleeved tee underneath, my favorite (and only) skinny jeans or black dress pants and some flats, I'll be sporting this in the office and socially.

No comments: