August 20, 2012

Popsicles and other inspirations

There are a number of trends this summer that I let slide through my fingers (pleated chiffon skirts, anyone?) but I am determined not to let the colored denim pass me by.  I love the popsicle-inspired shades of summer - which translate into some cheerful fall and winter styles!

For a minisecond, I thought that colored denim was one of those contrived things, like Valentine's Day, but it's grown a following that's hard to miss and a style that's anchored itself as the look of 2012. What's great about them is that they work so well with neutral colors - those tops we always have but sometimes look blah with the ordinary pair of slacks or normal denim.

Pinned Image
Princess Kate, rocking coral-colored denim and style to boot

Pinned Image
Style with a longer black shirt
(credit: style-delights.blgospot.com)
Drapey, flowy things
(credit: peoplestylewatch.com)
(credit: deptoftheinteriordc.blogspot.com)
(credit: freepeople.com)

For all of us on a spending diet (me, always me), we're in luck: denim is on sale almost everywhere.  I just ordered these mint julep-colored Wyatt jeans from Bluefly for only $29 (+ free shipping today!).

More colored denim exists and we've listed it below.  Click on all your favorites for unbeatable prices for a must-have style staple.

@ Bluefly -$29 today with free shipping!


@Old Navy - $25 at your local store!


@Gap - $36 at your local store!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh i like i like Farrah! These are such fab colors

Farrah Khan said...

Thanks Hibah! See anything you like? Think I might be spotting you in a pair of colored denim jeans soon?