August 31, 2013

Modest Marvel: Sherene Heshmat (ISNA 2013 day 2)

I was doing a final lap of the ISNA bazaar on Saturday before meeting my mom, but when I saw Sherene and her blinge-y shirt rounding the corner with her friend Noor, I figured my mom could wait a few extra minutes.

While it was Sherene's entire outfit that I couldn't let get away, what especially surprised me were her pants, which weren't in fact a skirt but rather palazzo pants that had a gathered, pleated waist band.  How's that for a marvel?



Name: Sherene Heshmat
Background: Sherene is an assistant banker who graduated from the University of Maryland who likes her designer labels.
What we love about her style:  My love for sequins is well-documented, so when I saw the metallic studs of Sherene's top, she was clearly a girl after my own heart.  At first glance, Sherene's bottoms looked like a skirt, but she skillfully paired silky palazzo pants with a chrometastic tank over a long-sleeve tee.  Her gilted tank popped out against the muted blacks, an excellent pairing if I've seen one.
What do you look to achieve in your style:  As a hijab-wearing woman, Sherene's goal is for people to see her fashion and someone having fun, not an oppressed religious woman.  She likes to stay on trend with bold designs and designer labels (check out her Louis bag!)
Favorite pieces: Printed pants and blazers are Noha's wardrobe must-haves!
Your no-limit gift card would be to...?: ZARA and designer brand names, like Alberto Makali.

No comments: