February 11, 2014

[Under $50] A European Craving

It’s been well documented (on this blog, anyway) that while I was working on my recently-completed (alhumdullilah!) MBA from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, that prior to class I would usually go shopping…browsing anyway. There is a small block around 10th and G Street NW in DC where you find a mecca of fast-fashion shops: Zara, H&M, Guess, Forever 21, and Anthropologie (maybe that’s not as fast as the others, but closer than, say, Macys, which is also nearby). If Asos had a store, I would be set with favorites.



Essentially, it was European fashion center, which is great for women seeking styles that allow us to dress modestly with style. These stores have affordable fashion but tend not to be as fitted or short.
Now that I am awaiting graduation (May 22, insha’Allah!), I have no reason to frequent that block as regularly, and I have to say – I miss it! I miss seeing sales and styles and gauging the next big trend. So in light of my homesickness for school, today’s post is dedicated to European fashion.  Feast your eyes on my recent purchases (Asos), what I will be purchasing after this post is up (Zara), and what I’ll be checking out on my next H&M run (this weekend, maybe?).

Every time I saw the blue tunic top at Zara, my heart would skip a beat. I keep waiting for Katie Holmes to be featured in a mag sometime soon donning the same thing with her signature ankle booties. For me, it’ll likely be go with a pair of skinny jeans and loafers.

(Remember, click on the arrow on the right hand side of the widget for more items!)

I made a LARGE purchase at Asos the other day, with the intention of returning items I do not intend to keep. Their free two-way shipping makes it easier to buy things just to check them out. While my order contains a whole lot more, here are a few items. The cold shoulder checked dress might be a bit of a challenge to style, but I’m thinking of layering with an oxford button down, for a classic pinafore look.

(Remember, click on the arrow on the right hand side of the widget for more items!)

When you do not visit H&M for a while, you can easily miss entire collections – things shift in and out so quickly. Here are a few things I could see working well in modest fashion closets.

(Remember, click on the arrow on the right hand side of the widget for more items!)

And finally, who doesn't love a little bit of Mango, especially when it's on sale?  Unfortunately, Tysons Corner Mall took away the Mango we used to have (please bring it back!), but I regularly browse their site and found a few goodies for all of us.

(Remember, click on the arrow on the right hand side of the widget for more items!)

No comments: