February 12, 2014

Dressing the Part for a Working Girl

My final semester of college, when the world kept asking, “what are you going to do next?”, I purchased a suit. It was a simple black Eli Tahari suit from Macy’s (this is prior to my days of knowing fashion and labels, but I will say it was an AWESOME suit!) which I brought home with me for around $180, which people kept telling me was not as much of a fortune as I thought it to be.

LIES. I STILL think that’s a fortune for a suit. In fact, my three favorite suits currently in my closet were all $80 or less. You might be thinking they are low-quality or no-name brands, but Calvin Klien, Le Suit, and Piperlime all beg to differ.



A host of modest dressing women will be graduating soon and looking for their first jobs. Another host of modest dressing women will be leaving their current jobs. They both have one thing in common: interview outfits. For most women, an interview outfit is a classic suit, and in those pre-paycheck days of getting by, the less expensive the suit, the better (in the post-paycheck days, this is generally true also). Additionally, having a suit that does not make you feel conscious about your body – with a jacket that extends past your waist or trousers that simply graze curves – gives you an extra boost of confidence whether going to an interview or day 100 on the job.

I’ve found a few different suits and blazers for those seeking some professional and modest work gear.

Remember to click on the arrow on the right of the widget for more options!
Remember to click on the arrow on the right of the widget for more options!

No comments: