November 29, 2013

Black Friday 2013: Bar III Jumpsuit, Cap-Sleeve Harem-Draped

Last night, my younger brother, my mom, and I partook in the shameful Thanksgiving tradition that is Black Friday (yes, shameful - because as much as I love a good deal, Thanksgiving is a holiday meant for being appreciative and spending time with people who you love and love you...but this is my soap box for another day).

We went to Macy's, as it's my mom's jam, where only my younger brother proceeded to find clothes (it's never good to shop on an empty needs list - you either end up with too much, or nothing, like me and my mom).

The line was painfully long and I still had to work in the morning, so after about 30 minutes in a stagnant line, I pulled out my phone and placed my brother's order via the interwebs.  To qualify for free shipping, I purchased the jumpsuit below, which I've been eyeing for a while (sadly, they didn't have it in store).



I'm trying to get on board with the harem trend, but like Sana of ModHijabi mentions here in her post on harem pants, it's really hard to find the right ones for your personal style and body.  But I think this combo jumpsuit/harem pant item will do.  I like the loose flow and the full body coverage.  Assuming the size I purchased will fit, it will drape nicely around my body, giving shape but without revealing too much shape - the perfect modest fashion piece.

The suit is marked down 30% for Black Friday.  What do you think?  Are you on board with this as a midnight purchase?

Another jumpsuit I really like is this one from Nylii, which is having a 50% off sitewide sale for today (11/29/13) only!  Nylii is a new online boutique, specializing in modest clothing from American designers.



No comments: