September 4, 2012

Modest Marvel: Kendra Jeelani (ISNA day 2)

So I found this gem browsing the racks of a shalwar-kameez vendor, looking to add some bling to her wardrobe.  I love the unique way she styled her hijab, creatively coordinating it with today's trend toward pleats.


Tell us About Yourself: "I'm a senior in Supply Chain Management at Tuskegee University in Alabama.  My husband is Indian and I like to mix our cultures through fashion."
Tell us About Your Style: "I love loud colors and earth tones, and pairing shalwar kameez tops with jeans or pants.  Sometimes I layer two different scarves to style my hijab, like the bun I'm wearing now.  I love trying different hijab styles - Indian, African."
What Makes the Outfit: "The hijab makes the outfit"
If you had a no-limit gift card to the store or brand of your choice, what would it be? "H&M"

4 comments:

Dima said...

I love this dress. Where can I find it?

Farrah Khan said...

Not sure but we'll find out or find one like it! Give us a day or two...

Kendra said...

Salaams Love! I love your blog, I am officially a fan! To answer Dima, I found this easy breezy dress on a Khols clearance rack from J-lo's line. :)

Adeela said...

I am gonna get the same dress for my modern hijab collection. And also would like to have other beautiful colors for pleats.